The Power of a Meaningful Connection with Yourself and Loved Ones
Tis the season to be loving. Whether you have a special someone or not, you can’t help but be aware that love is in the air this time of year. If you are out of ideas or just want to try something new this Valentines Day, maybe try a less is more approach. After all, love is about an unconditional and undeniable connection with yourself and between you and your partner-not how deep your pockets are. So many times people get stressed or dig into their pockets to find the best way to simply say I love you instead of finding a simple, creative and meaningful way to express their hearts. The best gifts can be ones that cost less than 10 bucks in supplies, a genuine gesture of love and some quality time putting it together. Even if you are stag this Valentines Day, there is plenty of love in you worth celebrating.
Here are 5 unique personalized ways to connect with yourself that special someone or someone you just feel like sending some love to.
- Take the day off from work to be in love: If your alone this Valentines day there is no better way to show some love than to set aside a whole day and dedicate it to only doing things that makes your heart go pitter patter. Or if your spending it with that special someone take the day off to indulge in that simple something that you two always love to do together, but never find the time to do.
- Use yoga to connect with the heart: One of the many cool perks of a yoga practice is that it helps you better connect with yourself and your personal relationships. So whether your going to show yourself or your significant other some love, see if you can find a yoga studio near you like Strala Yoga in NYC that is having a partner yoga workshop.
- Music is what feeling sounds like: So put together a personalized album just for him/her. Whether you have your eye on someone or have been with that special person for the last 20 years, you can never go wrong with a playlist. If your going for the first step in making your feeling clear to someone, put together an album of all of the songs that when you hear them, make you feel all corny and smiley inside while you think about him or her. Then take the time to write at least 5 sentences about why that song makes you think of them. If that doesn’t catch someones attention… well, it will :). If you’ve been fortunate to have a loving relationship that has stood the test of times, why not make a soundtrack of the years past and years to come and totally deck out the album with original art.
- Send some virtual love: This, like all of the above is perfect if you are single or in a relationship. (Actually, it may be a suave move if your single ;)). Virtual ecards, they are free and can be very thoughtful if written with the write words. Make a list of people that mean something to you (especially those who you know aren’t up to much for the day), and send them a simple to the point card that says, “Hey I’m thinking about you today. Have a great day lovey”… in your own words.
- Have a home spa day: For crying out loud forget about paying beaucoup money to have someone else wine and dine your sweetheart buy giving them a massage, pedicure and manicure. Instead, take care of each other for the day and let your humble abode be transformed into a luxurious day and night spa for 2.
That should be enough to spark some more simple unforgettable ways to spend this Valentines Day.
p.s. Even more wawa wewa romantic than any of the above, is learning how to make sweet and unexpected thoughtfulness a part of your everyday relationship. Don’t wait for Valentines Day to sweep yourself or your significant other off their feet by a thoughtfully random “I love you babe” gesture. Instead make it a “just because habit” because… every day is the 14th!